Manchester attack: Courtney Boyle and Philip Tron named as victims


Courtney BoyleImage copyrightFAMILY PHOTO
Image captionCourtney Boyle was a student in Leeds
Tributes have been paid to a 19-year-old girl and her mother's partner who have been confirmed as victims of the Manchester terror attack.
Courtney Boyle and Philip Tron, 32, had travelled from Gateshead to attend the Ariana Grande concert on Monday.
A statement from Miss Boyle's mother, released by Greater Manchester Police, described the Leeds Beckett University student as "her rock".
Mr Tron's family said he had been a "fun-loving and energetic soul".
Miss Boyle's mother, Deborah Hutchinson, said: "My stunning amazing beautiful daughter, you were my rock you made me so proud with all you had achieved.
"My gorgeous, crazy, Philip, you made my world a happy place and now you are both my angels flying high in the sky."
Miss Boyle's father Rob Boyle said: "I am going to miss my baby girl Courtney Boyle for the rest of my life.
"I will never forget you and I will love you forever. Grandad Bob misses you loads also."
Her sister Nicole added: "Courtney my wonder of a sister who is now a shining yellow star in the sky.
"Phil, my stepdad, my Costa buddy, you were always there no matter what to keep me safe and make me happy."
Philip TronImage copyrightFAMILY PHOTO
Image captionMr Tron "lit up the darkest room" his family said
Mr Tron's family said: "Firstly, we would like to thank the emergency services, police, nurses, support staff, family and friends and the people of Manchester for their continued help and support which they have given us throughout this harrowing time.
"Our most amazing son, partner, brother, father, uncle, nephew and cousin, Philip Tron, sadly passed away on the 22nd May 2017. Philip was such a fun loving, energetic soul, he would light up the darkest room and lift your spirits with his infectious laugh, witty sense of humour and his beautiful smile.
"Words cannot express the huge void his passing has left in all our lives."
Miss Boyle's boyfriend Callum Maundrill said: "My Courtney was an adventurer, a precious and joyous soul. She made people feel loved and feel safe.
"She was a soul mate, a friend, a daughter and a sister. No-one had what that lass had, she was like no other.

'Great loss'

"And she was on a path to fulfilment, and was happy when she passed.
"Nobody has ever made me as happy as her and I'm the person I am today because of her."
The vice chancellor at Leeds Beckett University where Miss Boyle studied said everyone was "deeply saddened".
Professor Peter Slee said: "Courtney was a lovely, bright and hardworking student who had achieved excellent marks in her first semester with us.
"She is a great loss to the university and to her fellow students."
Principal of Lord Lawson of Beamish Academy, Mark Lovatt, paid tribute to his former pupil, whom he described as the "epitome of a perfect student".
"She really grasped life with both hands and she will be dearly missed and remembered by all who knew her," he said.
SOURCE :- BBC

No comments:

Apple to scan iPhones for child sex abuse images

  Apple has announced details of a system to find child sexual abuse material (CSAM) on customers' devices. Before an image is stored on...